Leading International eCommerce Company
Our client is the worldwide leader in shopping and payments on the internet. For more than 15 years it has been connecting hundreds of millions of people, enabling them to buy, sell and pay online and it keeps on growing. We are looking for a Munich-based
Head of Vendor Management Kitchen & Household Products (m/f)
who will be responsible for leading a high performing team in vendor management to drive innovation growth, facilitating strong partnerships with vendors, contributing to add relevant and profitable selection and developing the team.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set including strong vendor management and negotiations skills, leadership personality, analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our client’s customers. You must be willing to challenge the status quo in order to improve existing workflows and processes to enhance customer experience.
You will work with vendors of all sizes and will have the abundant presence and communication skills to represent the category across departments.
- As “trusted advisor” you facilitate strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with vendors. You are identifying creative solutions for the negotiation process and drive discussions to empower economic growth
- As "enabler" you work closely with the online marketing team to support customers to find the right product and system elements on the internet platform by delivering transparency of product dependencies and individual needs of our customers.
- As “inspiring leader” you will manage and develop a team of experienced vendor managers deliver a high end selection mix and support increase value for the category and for the customers
- As “role model” within the business you will share best practice across categories, also contributing to the international know how
- As “entrepreneur” within the organization you will help to invent new services in the audio area and bring innovative ideas to an attractive new product and a thoughtful business model
- As “challenger” you turn in-depth analysis into new potential insight, present these to the executive leadership in convincing figures and once approved help turn them into action with sustainable results
- As “inventor” you seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity in vendor management
- As “mediator” you will work closely with the inventory planning and site merchandizing product management teams within the kitchen category to align all efforts
- University degree required ideally in an analytical discipline, e.g. business or engineering
- Vendor Management, buyer or purchasing / procurement experience at a senior level for several years ideally in an e-commerce, retail, key account management, experience in a well-known consultancy firm is highly appreciated
- Experience in retail business, analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required or experience in a well-known consultancy firm
- Experience in managing and developing a high performance team
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in German and English are essential
- Experience in building executive level internal and external relationships in a complex and dynamic organization and in influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
- A smart way of thinking in order to find innovative approaches for vendor management
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results-driven mentality combined with a high desire to work strategically
- Highly analytical skill set with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation, very good Excel Skills are a must
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Industry experience in the healthcare & wellness business, ideally with good relations to the leading firms and their ambassadors
- MBA from leading business school Cross functional experience, especially finance, marketing or supply chain
- Strong commercial experience (e.g. P&L)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
- An innovative international company
- Intensive introductory training by the Head of Department and the entire team
- A team consisting of top talents who enjoy – like you - working very professionally and having fun at the same time
- An exciting, very responsible task
- You can achieve amazing innovations
- A variety of opportunities for personal development
- An attractive set of compensations and excellent perspectives
We assure to treat your application confidentially and to respect restriction notices.
Are you interested in the position? We are looking forward to receiving your complete
application (cover letter, resume) stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date with the code VMK0815 by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bamberger Straße 8 | D-10777 Berlin | www.personal-excellence.de