Leading international enterprise in e-commerce
Our client is the worldwide leader in shopping and payments on the internet. For more than 15 years it has been connecting hundreds of millions of people, enabling them to buy, sell and pay online and it keeps on growing. We are looking for a
Senior Business Unit Leader Pets (m/f)
who will work as business leader and maintain ownership over operational levers including onsite customer experience, selection and merchandising on the demand side; vendor management, buying and inventory on the supply side, set the business direction and drive the execution to grow the business and deliver results. You will be part of the European Consumables and German country team and have regular contact with the DE management team and EU Hardlines teams. The Category Lead Pets DE is recognised as a thought leader with regards to the future direction of all Toys initiatives, and will also be the European Subject Matter Expert for several initiatives.
Due to the exceptional seasonality of this business, inventory management is key. You will therefore be expected to help drive change around planning and forecasting tools for seasonal businesses, especially around the critical holiday season. The Pets leader will further lead the transition towards a mature category and be able to drive strategic longterm relationships with vendors. You will have end-to-end business ownership, you will be leading the category's growth and expansion and will be responsible for local strategic and tactical activities, deepening mature vendor relationships alongside developing game changing products and services to improve customer experience. This role will have a relentless focus on customer service, convenience, selection, price and innovation. Day to day, aside from advising on the strategic direction of the business, you will own vendor management, in stock management and site merchandising. A crucial part of the role will be to maintain and deepen relationships to gain a strategic position with key vendors, whilst also acting as an ambassador for the company to the Pets industry. Overall, you will be responsible for expanding the company's toy business in Germany, driving growth, profitability and continuing category leadership strength, especially through creating the next revolution in relationships with vendors.
- Accelerate the growth and profitability of the Pets businesses with a view to improving revenue and margin across all levers from selection, inventory levels and promotion to vendor negotiations
- Manage current vendors and enhance existing partnerships in a strategic and competitive manner
- Develop and/or deepen relationships with vendors at C-suite level
- Continue to create an award-winning customer experience and drive innovation through both products and services
- Anticipate customer expectations, changing customer perceptions of online commerce in Germany and share insight with the wider leadership team
- Continue to build an outstanding, world class team driven by teamwork and able to swiftly operate in the company's highly demanding environment
- Proven general manager with a successful, resourceful and hands-on experience of running a business paired with substantial P&L responsibility
- IT affinity, proven success story of employing IT to drive change and simplification
- Have worked in an industry which brings intensive inventory forward planning experience
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills and tactical execution
- Able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimise complex, largescale business processes
- Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and local brands to receive preferable terms and win:win solutions
- Commercially clever, with strong focus and accountability
- Excellent business judgement, ability to generate ideas and solve problems independently
- Fluency in English is essential; German knowledge is a strong plus
- Mediating ability desirable (communication with top level executives, vendors and manufacturers)
- You think big and have convictions
- You are action and results oriented
- You hire and develop great people
- You have relentlessly high standards
- Orientation towards action and results
- Particular ability to inspire passion in others
We assure to treat your application confidentially and to respect restriction notices.
Are you interested in the position? We are looking forward to receiving your complete
application (cover letter, resume) stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date with the code SBULP040515 by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bamberger Straße 8 | D-10777 Berlin | www.personal-excellence.de