Leading international company in ecommerce
It’s not our work – it’s our passion ! Personal Excellence is one of the leading HR consulting companies in the payment, e-commerce and customer service industries.
We support and consult renowned clients in recruiting specialists and executive staff. We team top candidates and top companies and both our expert market knowledge and complex network form the solid basis for the sustainable, fair and cooperative relations with our clients and candidates.
Our client is the worldwide leader in shopping and payments on the internet. We are looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical leader to join the European Major Domestic Appliances Vendor Management team in Munich as
Head of Vendor Management Major Domestic Appliances (m/f)
who will be responsible for leading a high performing vendor management team driving growth, creating and expanding strong partnerships with vendors, adding relevant selection, monitoring category profitability and developing their team.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set including strong vendor management and negotiations skills, leadership development, analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our client’s customers. You must be willing to challenge the status quo in order to improve existing workflows and processes to enhance customer experience.
You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the category across departments. Experience in retail business, analytics, strategic
thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
This is how you can contribute to our client’s success
- Develop and lead the vendor management strategy for the major appliances category
- Build strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with our client’s vendors. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Deliver selection growth and increase value for our client’s customers by managing and developing a team of experienced vendor managers
- As a leader within the business you will share best practice across categories, also contributing to the international know how
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, present these in convincing figures and turn them into action
- Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity
- Work closely with the site merchandising, supply chain and product management teams within the major appliance area to align all efforts and deliver results
What we are looking for
- University degree required ideally in an analytical discipline, e.g. business or engineering, ideally MBA
- Vendor Management and buyer experience at a senior level for several years ideally in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or consulting environment
- Excellent negotiation skills in English (and ideally German or a strong will to learn German quickly)
- Experience in building senior level internal and external relationships in a complex and dynamic organization and in influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
- A smart way of thinking in order to find innovative approaches for vendor management
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results-driven mentality combined with a high desire to work strategically
- Highly analytical skill set with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation, Very good Excel Skills are a must
- Experience of managing and developing a high performance team
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
Ideally, you also bring
- Cross functional experience, especially finance, marketing or supply chain
- Additional European language skills
- MBA from leading business school several years relevant business experience
- Strong commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
Is this a challenge you would like to take on? Is this the kind of environment in which you thrive? If so, start looking forward to the excellent opportunities our client has to offer your professional development, as well as the attractive compensation package that will make you a part of our client’s
We assure to treat your application confidentially and to respect restriction notices.
Are you interested in the position? We are looking forward to receiving your complete
application (cover letter, resume) stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date with the code HV21215 by e-mail: email@example.com